Why is an Industrial Process Confined?
The industrial process refers to the different phases required to successfully produce and manufacture products within industries or synthesize chemical products. Most of the time, they involve processes that may be mechanical or chemical, or both. When the products or materials used in these processes prove to be hazardous to humans or present risks to the environment, they must be contained. Similarly, in the industrial pharmaceutical sector, when the process must take place in a sterile environment to avoid contamination.
The industrial containment enclosure, a glove box, works as a protective device by securing the working environment. It must comply with current safety standards. The glove box has two main functions:
- Process protection: the glove box confines substances and products that are sensitive to atmospheric conditions (ambient air) so that the process is protected from them, for example: 3D printing, manufacturing of oxygen-sensitive fuels, titanium or laser welding, etc.
- Protection of personnel and the environment: the industrial containment enclosure isolates substances or products that expose operators to the risk of accidents or dangerous phenomena. Examplesd: metallic or powdered powders, cleaning of asbestos parts, handling of chemical compounds or radioactive elements, etc.
Design of a Containment System
The use of a glove box as a containment is the guarantee of optimal protection during industrial applications. It is generally made of stainless steel and has transparent sides to where handling gloves are attached. Thus, operator have access to the protected area while remaining outside. The internal conditions of a glove box can be adjusted and controlled. In order to maintain the containment, it also has a communication system through which are conveyed the products to be handled, the elements to be protected, the parts to be assembled and the instruments to be used. It also incorporates a safety system that is automatically triggered in case of leaks or anomalies.
How to choose a glove box?
- Protection of operators and the environment in common industrial processes: glove box in negative pressure,
- Product or process protection: glove box in positive pressure,
- Advanced industrial process with specific constraints: customized glove box.
G(Mega) Glove Box: The Jacomex Solution
The G(Mega) is the containment enclosure that Jacomex, the world leader in the design and manufacture of glove boxes and isolators, offers to the industrial sector. This glove box is capable of meeting different containment criteria in relation to the risks presented by the processes. The G(Mega) complies with the safety standards applicable in many sectors.
Why should you choose the Jacomex G(Mega)? In addition to its high level of safety, this glove box has virtually no limits on the volumes that can be reached and is fully modular. It is a large size model, perfectly adapted to industrial processes and compatible with ultra-pure gaseous atmospheres. You can customize its accessories, choose its components, and its modularity allows retrofitting, extensions and relocation of installations, etc. It is an industrial containment enclosure, ideal for operations such as 3D printing, various medical processes, robotized welding, welding and aeronautic construction, assembly line hooding, etc.